Popular Posts

Monday, September 16, 2013

Sunrise Earth

I discovered the most amasing program on TV this past Saturday.  It was early in the morning and as usual, I haven’t had much sleep the night before. The wonderful world of insomnia ;)

I was flicking through the channels when I came upon a program called “Sunrise Earth” on DiscoveryHD. The program consists of hour-long episodes and in each episode, they’ve filmed a sunrise somewhere on earth. For the whole hour, all you see are these beautiful views of a sunrise and the sound of nature as they film this. There is no narration to it, it is just pure nature at its best.


I have to admit, I fell in love with this program. It’s on my PVR list and I now record the various episodes every single morning.  I “watched” the episode on Saturday and actually ended up doing this for 2 hours (the joys of replay). It was the most calming feeling that washed over me. It felt as if I was actually meditating during that time. It had such a calming effect on me. I loved it!


My mind never shuts down. I’m always thinking of 5 million things at the same time. Planning, analysing, processing…a never ending cycle of thoughts, and partly the reason why I suffer from insomnia. My mind does not shut down.


But on Saturday, this program had the most calming effect on me and for 2 hours it actually felt as if my mind was slowing down and my thought processes felt a lot more “focussed”. It made me realise I need to get out and spend time in nature a lot more. I need to go and find some time every week and just connect with nature and shut everything and everyone else out of my life.


I can’t wait to get home tonight and see where this morning’s sunrise episode was filmed. Silly I know, but it’s the small things in life that makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment